Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Randomosity

First of all, I have to say happy birthday to my lovely dog, Milo.  We got him as a sort-of Christmas present two and a half years ago.  (We a) didn't get him on Christmas and b) picked him out ).  However, we won't be celebrating that until my sister gets back next week for her fall break.

(This is Milo, I apologize for the low-quality-ness of the picture, but it was taken on my phone.  Also, it might be blurry.  Sorry.)

I like the word "autumn" so much more than "fall".  It's just more... graceful.  Here, the sky is beginning to turn gray, the drizzle is starting to come, and the trees have started to change.  (Except for the many pine trees, which don't lose their needles.)  It's all very beautiful.  Halloween decorations are appearing on front porches and doors, and the grocery stores have large pumpkin displays out front.  I've always loved this time of year.  My friends and I are making our Halloween plans (We're heading over to my Elementary school for their carnival in late October.  Excited!) and people are settling into the routine of school.

Did anyone else watch the season premiere of House last night?  House (the doctor, not the show... well, the show too,) can be so... infuriating sometimes.  But I love the show anyways.  Can't wait for next week's episode.

Does anyone else spend way too much time on Pinterest?  I don't even have an account (No Facebook or Twitter... I wish they would make it so you just had to have an email... *sigh*) but I spend more of my free time than I should on there.  It's just so addicting!

I'm reading a good book right now.  It's called City of Bones and it's by Cassandra Clare.  Anyone heard of it?  (And Purplewolf, you can't answer this, because I know you've heard of it, as I'm still reading it and I've been carrying it around with me for the last couple days.)  It's quite good.  However, I'm sure many of you (not that there are more than maybe three people reading this...) have heard of it as it's been on best sellers lists.  I think.  Eh.  Too lazy to check.

Today my friend E and I got (almost) finished with our silent movie in TV Production class.  (Which, is quite fun-- third year in a row taking it!)  We used James Bond music for the background.  It fits perfectly, and we're totally psyched.  But I really don't want to show it to the class.  (I did a rather awful job of acting in it.  But the amount of laughs we got while looking at all of my strange expressions totally made up for it.)

Looking back on what I've written, I realized I used (parentheses) in every paragraph.  Hehe.  And now, I leave you with some pictures of quotes from TV shows and books.

(Via)  

"Imagining the future is a kind of nostalgia..." 
(Also from Looking for Alaska by John Green.  Love that book <3)

"Why is there an apple in my dressing gown?"
"Oh, that's Howard's..."
"Howard keeps apples in his dressing gown?"
"He gets hungry..."

Doctor Who!  This is from the first episode that David Tenant was the Doctor in.  

And a clip from Doctor Who season 3, Utopia.  

And now, I leave you.

The Dandy Lioness

2 comments: