Saturday, October 22, 2011
Beautiful People: NaNoWriMo Edition
This is my first Beautiful People post, but I am ready to give it a try. So, let us begin.
1. Sum up your novel in five words or less
Circus. Runaway princess. Crazy people.
2. Novel title?
Dr. Blank's Traveling Circus for Talented Misfits (working title...)
3. Sum up your main character(s) in one word.
Loving? I don't know... I don't know much about Hugo yet.
I would talk about Dr. Blank, but I don't know enough about him yet.
4. Advice for newbies in three words.
Write. Don't procrastinate.
5. Tell us about your secondary characters, how do they affect the story?
I'd say they're pretty important. They're all circus people, and Hugo's adopted family. Ryeland/Ria fits right in with them, and they become her adopted family too.
6. Do you plan on staying up until midnight on the 31st?
I would, but I have school the next day. So I'll probably take my notebook to school and start it in there.
7. How many years have you done NaNo?
I did it last year, so this will be my second year.
8. What came first, characters or plot-idea?
Plot idea, definitely. Well... title. Which gave me the plot-idea. My characters just kind of appeared out of that.
9. How much prep do you do before NaNo?
Just a basic sketch of a plot (a.k.a. run away princess, circus people, boy abandoned at circus) and characters. Really detailed plot-sketches don't work for me.
10. Now be honest, how do you feel about NaNo?
I think it's a great opportunity to really get dedicated and take time out of our busy schedules to write, and get a chance to get those stories down on paper that we might not otherwise. I can't wait for NaNo-- I have circus people clamoring in my head, determined to be heard, and I don't want to deny them that opportunity.
The Dandy Lioness