Sunday, February 26, 2012

Steampunk Love, Glimpses of Goodness Week Four

{Via}

Doctor Who cardboard cutouts/Mid-Winter break/YouTube/watching TV with my mom/the H.I.V.E. series by Mark Walden/BBC Merlin/rainy days/bunny rabbits/fluffy dogs/steampunk/story ideas/doodling/Pinterest/my Bow Ties are Cool bracelet/my TARDIS Nook cover/knitting/photo albums/reading/children's theaters/walking on a sunny day/bamboo stores/Irish dance/watching movies with my parents/meeting lovely authors/the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld (oh, the steampunk love...)/airships/The Secret World of Arriety/when it's raining, but it's sunny/Nerdfighteria/the DVR/chirping birds/a hint of spring in the air/boots/steampunk jewelry, hats and goggles/Sevenly t-shirts (yes, I ordered another one.  It hasn't come yet, though.)/lazy days at home/yarn stores/the fact that my sister will be home in a week/the Oscars (I hope Hugo wins something, I adored that movie.)

Can you tell I've been on a steampunk kick recently?  Speaking of which, do any of you have any suggestions for good steampunk books?  I've read both the Airborn series by Kenneth Oppel and the Leviathan series by Scott Westerfeld, and I love them both.  I think it's something about airships.  Seriously, they're just the coolest.  Things.  Ever.  I almost wrote my NaNo11 about a girl on an airship, however I gave up that idea for my circus idea.  Perhaps not the best choice, considering my circus story sort of... flopped.  I won, yes, but that poor novel... not pretty.  Not pretty at all.

Also, it's my last day of break today.  I don't want to go back.  Even though I was totally lazy, and didn't actually really see, well, anybody, and watched far too much TV, it was a nice break.  Sigh.  Also, I'm guessing I'll be posting less, as once again I'll be back in school.

The Dandy Lioness

5 comments:

  1. As to good steampunk novels, have you read Cherie Priest's books? I've only read Boneshaker, but it's fantastic and has airships.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steampunk, steampunk . . . off the top of my head, there's Worldshaker by Richard Harland and Incarceron by Catherine Fisher. I know I've read more but I can't think of the titles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. INCARCERN/WORLDSHAKER!!!!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have yet to see the appeal of Steampunk...I kinda like the technological advances of this century! But I love Westerfield (Pretties, but that's more sci-fi...Doctor Who lines) and my son loved Leviathan. I have no recommendations, sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the suggestions! I spent about two hours searching for good steampunk, and didn't come up with too much. Now I have stuff to read. ;)

    -The Dandy Lioness

    ReplyDelete