Saturday, January 28, 2012

Glimpses of Goodness, Fairy Lights and Nostalgia

Hello, all!  I'm joining in with Mirriam for the first post of 'Glimpses of Goodness'.  I don't know how often I'll do it, but I'll try and link up every couple weeks, if not every week.

Rainbow fairy lights glittering next to me.



The words fairy lights.  They're just so whimsical and... special sounding.  So much more interesting than Christmas lights, which you feel like you have to take down, as soon as the season is over.

The sound of birds chirping outside.

Frost glittering on the top of a fence post.

Laughter with my friend, while we watched my TV production movies from this semester.

My class, TV production, which I love dearly, and always have the best laughs in, which sadly is coming to a close.  (Which, sadly, I do not believe that the high school I'm going to will have...)

The book "Oh, The Places You'll Go" which has helped fuel my constant traveling nostalgia.


Waltzing around an open area in my school at lunch with my friends.

The pile of stuffed animals that seems to wave to me from my chair.

The maps posted all around my room, speaking of far-away places and adventure.


My dog, following me around, begging for a piece of my orange.

Hot, caffeine filled tea, before a school day where I had two tests.

{Via}

The fact that, as I know that I failed one of my tests, having gotten exponent rules mixed up, and done a poor job of checking my work, I am able to retake it.

Books, whose author's I have been very blessed to meet.

Books, books and more books, pulling me into their stories.



Gilmore Girls, when I need cheering up.

Doctor Who recorded late at night, to be watched the next morning.

Childhood books, long thought to be lost, found.


Go head over to Mirriam's blog and check out Glimpses of Goodness!*  I had lots of fun with it, though I did expand a bit more on it than Mirriam did, by adding a few photos here and there.

*If you didn't notice before, both links are at the top of this post.
**Also, all photos in the post belong to me except for the one of the tea.  Please no stealing, m'kay?

The Dandy Lioness

4 comments:

  1. I love your "Glimpses of Goodness" post. I like your optimism! I should do a post like that on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL, Sofia! I love love love it. I have a map and fairy lights, too!!! How awesome is that!
    ~ Mirriam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had fun with it. :) And now, my walls in my room are either complete, or close to it, with quotes, song lyrics, maps, and of course, my two new Doctor Who posters! :) And fairy lights that are on my window, of course.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post! :)

    I love the picture of the fairy lights.

    ReplyDelete