Saturday, January 14, 2012

Passionately Quirky

*pokes head in*
*looks around*

I'm sorry!  It's been two weeks!  I hadn't realized it was so long-- I've been busy with school and friends and my sister (it's been her last couple weeks until she goes back to college) and... I've been ignoring you.  Hugs?

*hugs*

Okay.  Now that that is out of the way, I'm going to try a post similar to what the lovely Mirriam did with this post.


I AM... a girl.  Just a girl.  I have lots of quirks and faults, and sometimes people want me to be perfect, and I'm not.  I'm just a girl.


I'VE CRIED... in Harry Potter, Marley and Me, and Up, and in books.

I AM... nerdy.  I love Doctor Who and knitting and books, and I'm a Nerdfighter, and a two-time winner of NaNoWriMo.  And I'm not insecure about it-- I make a hundred Doctor Who and Nerdfighteria references a day, I talk about the Purple Elephants, my writing community on NaNoWriMo, books I'm reading, to anyone nearby.  So yes, I'm nerdy.  It's not an insult.  I'm proud to be a nerd.  

I LOVE... books.  I love reading them, holding them, smelling them, buying them, checking them out from the library.  They make me smile.

I SING... in the shower.  'Tis the truth.

I AM... clumsy.  Dreadfully clumsy.  I bump into things, fall over, wobble when I'm on a balance beam...

{Via}

I PICK UP... random details.  Favorite movies, songs, plays, letters, numbers, colors, punctuation marks.  

I LOVE... to write.  I love crafting stories, coming up with characters, learning life lessons along with them.

I SOMETIMES... get discouraged.  But that's okay.  Everyone does.  You just have to know to pick yourself up again, to keep on trying.

I AM... a word person.  Not a number person.

I ADORE... quotes.  I put them all over my walls in my room.

I ARGUE... too much.  I argue with friends and parents and my sister, and I need to stop doing it so often.  I need to learn to let go, and just go with the flow, but sometimes it's hard.  

I HAVE TROUBLE... with math.  I don't always get it.  Sometimes the numbers just don't do what I want them to.

I DAY DREAM... about my stories.  My characters, their friends, their enemies, just simple days in their lives, even.

I ASPIRE... to be an author.  To craft stories that people love, and inspire them.

I LOVE... flying kites with my dad.  And not little kites, either.  Our biggest has a tail of 150 feet, and is (I'm guessing here) 25 X 25 feet.  We have a sand anchor for at the beach, and we have to nail it to the ground using stakes if we're not on a beach.  But it's so much fun.

I DANCE... lots.  I love it.  I take Irish dance, and I recently got my hard shoes.  

{Via}

I AM... a girl.  Just a girl.  I have lots of quirks and faults, and sometimes people want me to be perfect, and I'm not.  I'm just a girl.  And you know what?  I'm happy.  As my mother put it one day, I am passionately quirky.  

I AM... a happy, passionately quirky person, and I'm not perfect.  And I'm okay with it.


The Dandy Lioness

2 comments:

  1. COOL!!!! =D We're ourselves. Nobody else. It's hard to remember =)

    ReplyDelete