Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Changes

Hello again!

Sorry I've been missing lately-- I just haven't gotten around to blogging.

I'm sure you've noticed by now, that there's a new background and header.  I decided to spruce up my blog in honor of spring.  Being averse to change, it took a whole lot of convincing myself that this was a good idea, and that no, I shouldn't just change the header, etc.  I'm still thinking of going back to that sort of gray, tiled background I had before.  Thoughts?  Anyways.  I'm quite happy with how it turned out, even if I am a bit iffy on the background.  The header took me ages (I had to redo it three times today.  I also made two other ones, and now I have five different ones to choose from, once summer rolls around.)

Am I the only one who's rather averse to change?  I kept finding myself wavering, as I would stare at my background and header.  Spring is coming up, and I have a snowy tree as my header.  I should change it, one little voice would say.  But then another would pipe up, saying, No, no, this one is good.  I like it.  You shouldn't change it.  Ever.  And they would get into a bit of a war with each other.

I find myself not wanting to change many things in my life.  But what if I don't like the new one?  I wonder.  What if I like the old one better?  It's part of why I haven't changed my room up recently, even as I longingly flip through PB Teen, thinking, Oh, that's nice.  It would look good in my room.


I'm averse to change.  But I know that I need to get over that.  In my life, many things will come and go.  Rooms will be rearranged, or redecorated, I'll switch schools, I'll grow older, and my responsibilities will change.  But I find myself clinging to the old things, the old me, as I grow, and get older.  Change is something I will experience many times in my life.  I need to learn to accept it.  Even if I don't want to.

The Dandy Lioness

3 comments:

  1. I don't really like change either, but I do like your new blog design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vocab word! And I absolutely love the blog design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophia, I've missed you!

    Love the new look! Still velociraptor free I hope.

    The earlier we learn to roll with the punches, fly by the seat of our pants, take it as it comes, give the old college try, ... yeah, I got nothin.

    Change is hard. Fear of change can be crippling. Don't let it get the best of you. You have a long, beautiful life ahead of you to do whatever you want with it. Don't waste your time worrying too much about things that will change with or without your participation.

    One of my all time favorite quotes...

    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." ~ John Lennon

    Good to be back!

    ReplyDelete