Sunday, July 28, 2013

Loose

When I was younger, I was always the kid who didn't want to splash in puddles or run through the stream because I didn't want to get my clothes wet.

I was the kid who didn't want to duck my head under the water at the pool in my friend's back yard, because I didn't want to have to go home with hair full of chlorine.

I was the kid who wouldn't sit on the log, for fear of it breaking... even though it was still almost as strong as when it fell to the forest's floor, and wasn't likely to break anytime soon.

It's only been in the last year, really, that I've loosened up. I was the first one to jump in the stream at the ocean, running through the water after a pair of golden retrievers. I agreed to dunk my head in the pool. I willfully participated in a water balloon fight-- heck, I was the one to fill up half those water balloons!

It's funny, really. I never realized before that if you just loosen up, you can have a lot more fun. Sure, you always have keep some caution about you, but is it really going to kill you to have to drive home with your head dripping with over-chlorinated water? To have to run home, laughing and soaking wet, after a water balloon fight?

No.

Sometimes, you just gotta jump right in with the fun.


The Dandy Lioness

1 comment:

  1. I can't say anything without sounding cheesy or insincere, so please take this as it is.
    I love your site. I'm going to follow and keep reading for a long time coming. I think that your opinions are strong and that your writing is just as powerful. Maybe you would be interested in my site, too?

    Ruby M.
    rubymaxwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete