Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Confession

I have a secret love for pop music.

It's funny-- I rarely listen to the radio, and some pop music drives me nuts, but in general, I have a secret love for the stuff. It's just... fun. It's fun to dance to and to listen to, and it's something that most everyone can agree on. I'm not really a music snob, either. I mean, I like a few bands and artists a lot (most recently they've been Brandi Carlile, the Red Hot Chili Peppers, and Imagine Dragons), but I don't listen to a lot of music.

I'll hear songs online, or on the radio and think "Hey, I like that." I'll hear them on the radio at gymnastics, or in the car with my friends, or when one of my friends is playing their iPod. And a lot of them are "pop" music.

Then again, if I'm trying to find something I want to listen to on 8Tracks, I'll try and go into the "pop" category, and decide that I just don't like any of what's there. But then I'll turn on the radio, and I'll be completely content to listen to it, despite commercials and everything.

So this is it.

My confession.

I have a secret love for pop music.

The Dandy Lioness

No comments:

Post a Comment