Saturday, January 19, 2013

Carpe Diem?

I want to write another book.

I want to finish my NaNo'12.

I want to think about starting archery again.

I want to start something new.

I want to consider taking tennis.

I want to find something I love, and fall head over heels in love with it.

Not someone.

Something.

I want to find something to do.  I have dance, and I love that.  But I only have class twice a week, and until I get moved up (and maybe even then), that's all the classes I'll be able to take.  I want to have something where I'm involved in the community, where I make friends and feel just generally a part of something.

I started high school in the fall.  And yeah, I've made friends, and I like all my classes well enough, but I'm only in one club (Latin) and even at that, I don't love it.  I'm not a part of any teams, or any other commitments that have to do with my classmates.

I'm the queen of not over-committing myself, but I've gotten bored.

Restless.

I want to find something new and exciting.  Something where I get involved with my classmates, and get to know more people.

Most of my friends have sports teams at school, or they take music lessons, or have work, or are a part of drama, and are just generally busy a lot of the time.

I don't actually like being idle, I've discovered.

I prefer being up and bouncing around, to sitting around doing nothing, which is strange, because I seem to have fallen into the latter category, recently.

I have dance and gymnastics outside of school.  I have writing.  But through those things, I don't get to know my classmates better.  I know people through  what classes I have, or occasionally through other things, or just meeting each other at lunch.

I want to be more of a part of the community than I currently am.

Might as well try.

{SOOC}

The Dandy Lioness

1 comment: