Friday, August 17, 2012

The Summer During Which I am a Lazy Blogger

It's true.  There's no getting around it.

This has been the summer during which I am a very lazy blogger.

I mean, you can't get around that fact.  I had planned to have multiple posts a week, filled with photos and interesting things I'd done, and all sorts of fun stuff.

In reality, I've just been really, really lazy.

I've gone to two camps, a writing camp, and an Irish dance camp.  Other than that, however, I have been home.  All summer.  I start school back up the Wednesday after Labor Day, and if anyone asks what I did all summer, I'll probably be at a loss.

To be honest, my summer has mostly been spent lazing around the house, eating otter pops, reading books, going on Tumblr, meaning-to-but-never-really-getting-around-to editing my NaNoWriMo 2010, wondering where all of the summer went, browsing blogs, wishing I was being more productive, and watching all sorts of new TV shows.  Also knitting.  There has been a lot of knitting.  At least in the past three weeks.

I'm going on a short vacation on Sunday through Wednesday, so at least I can say I did something.  I also went to the ocean at the beginning of the summer, which you may remember me posting about.  But... ah... yeah.  Most of my summer has been at home.  Which is lovely, it really is, but I do have to wonder where it all went.  It seemed like I had so much time, but now it appears that I have very little left at all.

I start high school this year, which is weird.  Weird as this sounds, I don't really have any particular emotion toward starting high school.  I'm not excited, nor am I terrified.  I just kind of figure it's coming up, and there's nothing I can do about it.  I'm not particularly excited to go back to school in general, though it will mean that I get to see my friends more.  (During the summer I am notorious among my friends for uh... not actually seeing anyone.  In fact, I think during the entire summer, I've actively gone to seek a friend out maybe... fifteen?  twenty times? if that.  Probably more like ten.

I know, I know.  It's the summer, I should be hanging out with my friends!

But I'm a rather solitary creature, generally, and it often won't occur to me to seek out a friend.  I'm happy being by myself, just kind of floating around the house.  I don't really need others around to entertain myself. Not to say that I don't enjoy seeing my friends, which I do.  I'm just probably not the most reliable when it comes to making plans, returning phone calls, going places...

Somehow, I'm a rather solitary person who has lots of friends.  I have to say, I'm not quite sure how that happened.  But I like it.  I like having friends, and spending time with them.  I like flopping on bedroom floors, reading dumb magazines, or chatting about books, or having impromptu photo shoots with the dress-up box.  I like walking to the store and getting candy and a soda, or jumping up and down because of a TV show we both like, or a book, or a movie.  I'm just not the best at getting around to seeing people, when left to my own devices.  Really, if you're friends with me, it's likely you'll have to invite me to do something, or I'll never leave the house, unless my mother makes me.  I can spend days at home, by myself, entertaining myself.  Eventually, I'll call up a friend, but it can take up to four days before it occurs to me.  I'm weird that way.

The Dandy Lioness

8 comments:

  1. I’ve been thinking of maybe {very maybe} doing the NaNoWriMo thing this year. What do you think of it? I mean, is it worth it?
    ~Aidyl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah. I love doing NaNo. I've done it twice now, and even though the second one was complete rubbish (I couldn't get through trying to edit the first page...) the first one I did was actually pretty good, and so I'm starting on editing that. It's really fun to do, and you just feel so accomplished afterword.

      Delete
  2. I'm solitary, too. I like to stay home or do things alone, and it's so much easier to do that when there are books . . . and things to watch . . . and the internet . . . and other projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I really quite enjoy being home alone. I get things done (or I don't... it depends on the day,) but I do the things I want to, and I don't know, it's horrible of me, but I do. I love being alone. Sometimes I do call up a friend and ask to do something, but more often than not, I'll just stay home alone, entertaining myself!

      Delete
  3. You had to mention the dress up box.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, what? I'm not sure I understand your comment.

      Delete
  4. Sofia, it's Chaja. Not some random, crazy stranger!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I know that NOW. And of course I had to mention the dress up box! The looks we got from your brothers were hilarious!

      Delete